I remember when I was younger, my aunties would often tell me, "Ohhh you are just growing up way too fast!" I just smiled and figured that was just something people said...well I can honestly say that my little cousins are growing up WAY to fast! In fact my little TT is officially taller than me, and i'm still trying to grasp the fact that they are in junior high...it feels like I was just in junior high. After I got over the shock of looking up to my 12-year-old cousin, I had the best time ever hangin' with the fam! And I made a yummy salad!
Santa Fe Salad
2 heads Romaine lettuce
2 c. black beans, rinsed (Adam convinced my to use Fiesta Style)
1 c. diced tomatoes
1/2 red, yellow, and green bell pepper
1 c. corn
2 ripe avocados
Sweet Jalapeno Cilantro Dressing
3 Jalapeno peppers, seeded to desired taste
1 c. olive oil
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. mayonnaise (I used ranch dressing)
Puree in a blender.
Labor Day also means that we have survived our first week of school! My classes: Elementary Education 101 (It's very obvious that my professor has spent most of her career as a kindergarten teacher), Storytelling (Did you know that storytelling is actually a profession? I had no idea), English, Integrated Life Science (apparently I just can't get enough science), and Pilates! Adam is taking: Math (which he just loves..), Economics (Zzzzzz), Spanish, Bowling (Very fun), and we are taking a Rock Climbing class together! We definitely have our academics and our play balanced well.





sounds like fun! glad you survived your fist week. :]
ReplyDeleteamy young
This is so cute! I love that I get to read your blog. I have been obsessed with recipes lately and that one sounds YUMMY! I'll have to try it! LOVE you!
ReplyDelete