Earlier this week I found myself lying on the couch, just thinking.
Not even looking at Instagram or anything, just thinking.
It was quite refreshing.
Lately I have been feeling like my self-esteem is not quite up to par. A lot of guilt and embarrassment, and pretty low confidence. I used to judge the people who'd take a picture of themselves while they were stopped at a stoplight and post it on Instagram just for fun, and last week I actually felt envious of their confidence. And somehow that lead me here, to my blog.
I want to blog more, which meant that I had to do a little revamp. I wanted to choose a new name that was unique but still had meaning. So I started with something that I needed more of,
optimism.
The thesaurus gave me all kinds of synonyms, but sanguine stood out to me simply because I had never heard it before. The example it gave was 'a sanguine disposition' which inevitably made me think of Marry Poppins. The synonyms for disposition listed character, complexion, composition, and then I read
cup of tea
and angels sang.
An optimistic disposition...practically perfect in every way.
That's how I knew I'd found my new title, for my new blog,
that I am going to write on more than once a year.
I found this while working on the revamp, and forgot how much I enjoyed this little collage. I made it for a class a while back. The project had something to do with
keeping our end goals in mind...
apparently it wasn't a very strong lesson
but at least I got this cute little thing out of it.
I found this while working on the revamp, and forgot how much I enjoyed this little collage. I made it for a class a while back. The project had something to do with
keeping our end goals in mind...
apparently it wasn't a very strong lesson
but at least I got this cute little thing out of it.

No comments :
Post a Comment